poster 2016

poster 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 23 Sushi night at Kurazushi (くら寿司)

It was a hot day today!  It was 31 degree in MAY!


We went to Kurazushi to have some sushi in the evening.  It was Monday but PACKED! A good thing we made a reservation in advance!   You can eat almost all kinds of sushi for 100 yen (about one dollar) per plate (usually two sushi per plate)! Such a good deal for poor students (びんぼう学生)! They also had some non-fishy food such as vegetarian sushi, meat sushi, and other Japanese food such as udon and curry.  So this place could accommodate everyone!  Oh... you can not forget about the dessert, too.  Some of the students were eating so much dessert after eating a lot of sushi and told me that they had a "separate stomach (べつばら)" for dessert!!  First I thought boys ate more, but the reality... I am sure some of the girls had more plates in front of them in the end!!  After eating, you throw the plates into the slot (I think... one game for every 5 plates) and play a game. If you win, you will get a little toy as a reward!
















I took this picture just for Myles.  He went to the same place with his host family on the weekend and his host father made him try this sushi without telling him what it really was....

Hahahaha.....
Cod Soft Roe!!
Do you even know what Cod Soft Roe is!?
Maybe better if you don't know it!!


On the way back, I stopped by at a store to do my grocery, but I got sidetracked by these new flavours!!  Wow!  So many kind of new flavour chocolate snacks they have now!
Matcha Oreo, Love lemon pocky, Brazilian Orange pocky, Coconut pocky, Matcha Almond, Banana "Kinokonoyama", Mango "Takenokonosato," Matcha "Koeda", and Happy Easter "Pancake" kitkat!!
I am not a big fun of junk food, but  the feeling of "I can get these things only here" or "I have to bring these back to Canada" doesn't help my wallet!


No comments:

Post a Comment