poster 2016

poster 2016

Thursday, May 26, 2016

An inspiring story about EALS(Eastern Asian Language Studies) せんぱい(graduate)


Yang sensei received a "Congratulation" email from Pete Klassen, a former student of East Asian Language Studies program at University of Calgary (Graduated in 2012) for receiving the great Award from the Government of Japan.   


Here is a part of his email...


As a result of being a graduate of your fantastic program I am now able to fluently conduct my life in Japanese, working as a professional singer and actor here in Tokyo with many of the artists that I so often looked up to long before joining the East Asian Language Studies program.
Without your help, knowledge and encouragement I could have never achieved many of my dreams and most certainly would not have made the connection with Japanese people and society that I have now and continue to build on.
I am so happy to see you being so wonderfully rewarded for your incredible life work and am proud to be a graduate of your department.
Thank you so much for your hard work and most of all CONGRATULATIONS!
Best regards,
Pete Klassen

************** ************** ************* **************

P.S. - Here is some of the work that I have been involved in recently.
Please feel free to share it with any of your students who have dreams of exploring Japanese language and culture in Japan during or after your program.
Most of my work currently consists of singing TVCM and video game songs,
performing at events with various Japanese artists, appearing on variety TV shows,
and acting in TVCMs and Reenactment Dramas.
(Acting)
(Singing/Narration)
...and finally, here are a couple of photos of me hard at work!

I am in the Zebra print jeans being handed the mic by singer and TV personality デーモン閣下.

This is an event where long time career musicians of Japan unite to perform Western music.
(Classic Rock Jam)


WOW!
You might not know very well, but these musicians are very famous musicians and I grew up listening to them!
Pete loves music and Japan.  He never gave up and  kept on chasing his dream (probably still is)!!
Such an inspiring story!  
ピート、がんばってね!
みんな、応援していますよ!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment